חֲנֹךְ לַנַעַר עַל-פִּי דַרְכּוֹ
Develop each child’s potential by teaching him/her in the best way they can learn.
~ Book of Proverbs 22:6
Mount Sinai is a modern orthodox, coeducational day school spanning Preschool to Year 6. Embracing the finest aspects of Jewish and Australian culture, we help each student develop a personal commitment to their Judaism and Heritage in the modern world, as well as a love for the Jewish people and Medinat Yisrael. We nurture and support each student's quest for academic excellence while emphasizing the highest standards of menschlichkeit, reflecting moral sensitivity, personal refinement and human decency.
Throughout their primary years, we offer children opportunities to use their minds, to discover the world around them, to become creative thinkers and to develop their critical thinking skills. As the students develop their academic skills, we help them begin to master the foundation of the Jewish studies curriculum with a major emphasis on the Hebrew language.
As we encourage our students to become independent learners, we hope to instil within each of them a joy for learning, building an enthusiasm for the pursuit of all knowledge, a love for the study of Torah Hebrew and the observance of mitzvot.
The overall aims of the Mount Sinai Jewish Studies program are:
- To develop the full potential of the child – intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual and creative and in doing so blending the best of our Jewish and Australian heritage.
- To develop ethical and moral values inherited from biblical and rabbinic sources;
- To develop a commitment to practice and observe the ceremonies and ethical mitzvot of Judaism;
- To instill an appreciation and respect for the historic link between the Jewish people and the land of Israel;
- To develop love and respect for the Hebrew language in prayer and sacred texts and develop the ability to speak and read the living language of modern Israel
TAL AM PROGRAM